The era of smooth-shaved, shiny faces finally came to an end a few years ago. These days, men are more inclined towards keeping a beard. I mean, with all the manliness that it adds to their personality and the way it enhances their appeal, who wouldn’t want to keep a beard? It has been a common practice among men to trim and comb their facial hair. However, there is a dire need for you to go beyond your comfort zone to appear sleek and sexy while keeping a beard, and using a beard oil can help you achieve just that.
The hair texture of beard hair is entirely different from the hair on your scalp. The hair on your beard is thick, rough, and abrasive. You need to spend more time than usual to keep it moisturized. Beard oil plays a very important role in maintaining this moisture. These oils are made up from natural ingredients like argan oil, jojoba oil, sweet almond oil, lavender essential oil, rosemary essential oil and cedarwood essential oil. Apart from that, the good thing about beard oils is that they further contain essential vitamins for the nourishment of your hair like vitamin E, biotin, and niacin. Since the product is designed for males, aroma has been kept moderate on these beard oil. They may be equipped with less floral accents like sandalwood, lime, deer musk or mint.
The purpose of a beard oil is to keep the skin healthy and the beard hair hydrated. The one thing that you can be assured of is that the utilization of this product will assist you a great deal in growing your beard adequately and ensuring that it is not just a mess. For the record, beard oil happens to be similar to virgin olive oil in viscosity, but it tends to be a little on the lighter side. Considering that it is prepared using multiple essential oils, all of which are blended together, there’s a lot of punch packed in a bottle of beard oil.
Who should use beard oils?
As per the name and description of the product, it is designed for facial hair. However, what needs to be mentioned here is that this particular product is most effective on longer beards, preferably more than 2 cm long. See, the thing with longer hair is that it tends to be messier as compared to well-trimmed beards, which can also cause skin irritation because of dandruff. Beard oil can be helpful in both conditions.
Do I really need an oil for my beard? Is it necessary?
The typical question that arises in a consumer’s mind will be, do I need a beard oil for my beard? And since men are not too conscious about their grooming, they tend to avoid these things completely. However, facial hair is least covered by any piece of garment, so it gets the most hits from cold, dry, hot, windy and humid weathers, which increase the damage caused to beard hair and facial skin. Beard oil has been designed to be absorbed into the hair and all the way to the skin to keep it strong and moist for all weathers.
Beard oil restores the natural disposition of your skin by supplying vitamin or doing away with any and all hydration deficiencies caused by growing your beard. The nutrition components of beard oil, which include the likes of vitamins A, B, D and E depending on the product that you use, can ensure the health of your beard and face for years and years to come.
Benefits of using beard oils
Now that we have gotten off on the subject of beard oils, let us go through a few benefits that you can reap by using beard oil on a regular basis:
- By massaging the beard oil thoroughly into your beard and underlying skin, you can ensure that your skin gets adequate hydration. This part is usually missed out while washing the face or applying moisturizing cream to your face.
- The beard flakes, which are like the dandruff found on your hair, are smoothened out by beard oil. If you want to appear neat and tidy, you definitely would not want flakes to be destroying your confidence by showing up on your shirt.
- Bearded men know the struggle of itching when you get a fresh trim or when you have long hair. In such a case, men usually face a constant urge to cross fingers through their beard, which can be a pain. Beard oil can eliminate these issues by oozing all the way down to your skin.
- We always expect to get the best out of our lives, so when it comes to your beard, you shouldn’t compromise on facial hydration and hair health.
- Mismanaged hair is a nuisance to yourself as well as anyone who sees you. Beard oil can help you keep your beard in whatever style you want. Additionally, the softened hairs will be less tangled and will be easy to comb.
- Beard oil is beneficial in terms of reducing inflammations caused by plucking or yanking facial hair.
- If you want to be intimate with someone up-close and personal, the aroma of a beard oil can cause a mesmerizing effect on your partner.
- With the consistent use of beard oil, you can style your beard the way you want, especially for long beards. You can also keep stray hair in control. You will even feel good to slide down a comb in your beard.
- The thing with using beard oil is that it will help you maintain the overall look of your beard. Using beard oil on a regular basis will go a long way in terms of doing away with that straw-like or scraggly look.
- Using beard oil can also help you get rid of split ends. This is particularly good news for those who are seriously interested in growing their beard. Why is that so? Well, for the simple reason that the reduction of split ends means that you will not have to trim your beard as frequently as you would have to in case you had split ends.
How should I choose the right beard oil for myself?
As you’ve already learned by now, beard oil contains a blend of essential oils. For clarification purposes, the mixture comprises of several carrier oils and essential oils. The basic ingredient of beard oil is carrier oil, which provides the base of the oil, whereas essential oils are added to it for creating significance and enhancing nutrition.
Both the ingredients are hauled out from natural sources like woods, flowers, trees, leaves, fruits and others. Therefore, the beard oil will be sold for a price that will cover the extraction costs, oil or oilseed prices, and costs of the blend and processes through which the oil has been through. The purity of the ingredients will also raise the price as well as extraction methods.
It is recommended for you to opt for beard oils that contain coconut, almond and jojoba oils, particularly if you have normal skin. On the other hand, if you have sensitive skin, it is best for you to go for ones that contain grapeseed oil and stay away from oils that have citrus as a source. Using such a beard oil is only going to harm your skin and create even more dandruff patches. For this reason, it is highly recommended for you to just avoid these if you have sensitive skin.
How to use beard oil?
Last but not the least, it is extremely important for you to know how to use the beard oil that you have just purchased. To begin with, you need to take out a few drops of the beard oil onto your palm, rub them together, and massage gently but firmly onto your beard and skin. For the best results, it is best for you to use your beard oil after cleansing or taking a shower since taking a bath washes out the dirt and opens up the pores on your skin. Once you have applied the oil on to your beard, it is best for you to brush through and style your beard using a comb or beard brush. The adequate application of beard oil will give you a light and healthy beard that does not have a messy look at all – after all, this is just what you are interested in, right?
If the amazing benefits of using a beard oil inspire you, then it is highly recommended for you to purchase one right now. However, with so many products available on the market these days, make sure that you choose one that is right for your beard and skin. Refrain from opting for products that may end up messing up the entire look of your beard in the long run.